At Potbake Productions, part of our vision is promoting the growth of literature. In light of this, we are launching another Caribbean Short Story Competition, a short story competition with a twist. The last competition had 16 winners and their titles were released in a book called Across The Caribbean. The book launch was at NAPA, Trinidad.
This time around, there will be a total of 10 finalists. The overall winner gets USD $ 250.00 and their story, along with the 9 other winning stories, will be published as a short story collection in 2013.
- Entrants must be citizens of the Caribbean.
- Entrants must be greater than or equal to 13 years of age.
- A maximum of 2 entries per entrant.
- Finalists from the last competition set the bar high. Great, logical plots, clean, careful work, a variety of appropriately-used literary techniques. Do the same. You’re competing at a high level and want to stand out.
- Stories must be a minimum of 2,500 words but no greater than 3,000 words. Other entries will not be considered.
- Stories must be original works, having never been featured in any other publication, newspaper, magazine or otherwise.
- Submissions must be in MS WORD or PDF format and must include the word count, author’s name and contact information
- Entries submitted after Saturday, 31st August 2013, will not be considered.
- Entries can be sent via hard or soft copy
- Email: email@example.com. Subject line must be: “CSSC.2011/2012”.
- Hard copy submissions must be made to #3, 3rd Street West, Beaulieu Avenue, Trincity, Trinidad, West Indies. Continue reading