P.A.C.E (Canada) is now accepting submissions to the Helen Isobel Sissons Canadian Children’s Story Award. This award is a cash grant of $1,000 and is intended to encourage the development of literature for young children.
Helen Isobel Sissons was committed to human rights and equity. She contributed a great deal to the initiatives taken by the Toronto school system to make the city a welcoming environment for immigrant and refugee children and their parents during the challenging seventies and eighties.
Awards Criteria and Submission Guidelines
– Unpublished up to the time of application
– Written by a resident of Canada or the Caribbean
– Have special appeal for children up to seven years of age
– Reflect the diversity of the world’s population and values desirable in global citizens
Manuscript Submission Guidelines
– Length should be appropriate to the genre of the story and the age of the children for whom the story is written.
– If illustrations are central to the storyline, a brief description of these should be included with the manuscript. Please do not include original artwork.
Deadline: Friday March 22, 2013.
Full submission guidelines here.